Solar-Terrestrial Data



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What's new at der Sheman Faktory?

This is from Feb/March 2010. This is me tamping the soil of the south-facing bed in der Sheman Faktory, immediately after we had just finished putting up the railings.  I'd just finished backfilling with compost, when D'Spacio picked up to camera to get a few action shots of me actually working.  Usually he's in most o the pictures because I'm more often the one handling the camera.



One of my favourite picts of the bunch. I love how this just shows of the insane reflectivity of the reflective mylar.It's honestly, the most dramatic thing happening at that time.
This was taken exactly a year to the day. This is immediately following the installation of the hardware cloth (chicken coop wire). The next step from here is to start backfilling







I really dig this picture. It's the Sheman Faktory with the old door still on it, the one Mike and I fashioned. Sure it was only temporary, but it gave it a certain distinct look, seen from this angle.

This is more recent: immediately following September 2010's great flood. That area was under about a foot of water. It knocked-over the big beam in the foreground, and caused another huge beam to float off to the right. The end is seen peeking out behind the bed.




This is more recent still. Taken in December (was it?) 2010. It shows Mike planting tome of the Kale, and other leafy greens into the bed.









AT least that was the plan, to have stuff growing directly in the bed. As we found, once we were able to get through the gate, we found all of those veggies had been gone, as if something just ate them. There were no dead leaves, as one would expect had they just died.


We do have some video of Mike and I in the snow, clearing a place so we could get through the gate and get it to open. Let me find the link for that...hold please...

No comments: